The Impact of COVID-19 on Our Lives
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused widespread panic. Also, it has brought the global economy almost to a standstill. The entire world has come together to fight against its spread. While scientists and researchers are striving constantly to find an effective vaccine. This will protect the masses from getting infected, we at our end need to take whatever precautions necessary. An effective way to combat the pandemic is through building body immunity. We all should be aware of the do’s and don’ts of the Covid times and increase our awareness about the causes of the disease.
ALSO READ : Personal hygiene habits to follow in daily life
Preventive mannerisms and habit changes to protect yourself from getting infected by Coronavirus
There are some basic preventive measures that one should follow. This will protect oneself and others from getting infected by a coronavirus. If these methods are adhered to stringently, one can escape getting infected by a coronavirus.
- Wash or clean hands regularly using alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Also you can simply wash your hands with soap and water to keep away germs. Rub your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds before washing or rinsing it off.
- Refrain from coughing or sneezing out in the open without covering your mouth. Cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing with a tissue or sneeze and cough into your elbow bend. Always throw away used tissues in the dustbin.
- Remain in quarantine if you have fever or cough and also stay away from people with symptoms of throat infection, cough, cold, and fever.
- Get your Covid test done and consult a doctor in case of signs of cough, running nose, fever, weakness, body ache, or difficulty in breathing. Free sample collection for Covid testing is possible through various lab facilities and government agencies. Alternatively, you can look for vitamins for Immunity Boosters.
- To prevent getting infected by the virus, make it a habit not to touch the eyes, nose, and mouth with hands to prevent getting infected by the virus.
- Avoid congested places and large public gatherings and practice social distancing diligently.
Methods to increase body immunity to fight the deadly Coronavirus
1. Adequate water intake to increase body immunity:
Keep your body adequately hydrated by drinking a minimum of 7 to 8 glasses of water a day. Along with that drink fresh fruit juices, coconut water, and even health drinks. Intake of an adequate amount of fluid will help flush out the toxins from the body.
2. Balanced diet for boosting immunity:
Prepare a diet chart and increase your intake of immunity-boosting foods and vitamins such as fresh fruits. Also green vegetables such as carrot, spinach, sweet potatoes, cantaloupes, dark leafy veggies, tomato, asparagus, broccoli, citrus fruits, mangoes, and strawberries. Include fruits and vegetables in your intake that are rich in vitamins A, C, D, and E and contain minerals such as magnesium, selenium, and zinc. As this will help build a strong body defence mechanism.
3. Adequate sleep:
Adequate sleep for at least eight hours a day is needed for body defence to work optimally. Proper amount of sleep recharges the body. Adequate sleep is essential for the healthy functioning of the human body. During the sleeping hours of human beings, the systems within the body carry out a natural repair and healing process.
Inadequate sleep makes the body exhausted and lethargic. There will be a general slowing down of body processes which might result in reduced immunity mechanism of the body. A tired body shall be incapable of fighting the Covid-19 virus.
4. Avoid smoking and drinking:
An infected body or a weak body is more prone to catch the Coronavirus. Smoking & drinking cause the airways and air sacs of our lungs to get damaged. They are also the causes of chronic bronchitis and lead to breathing problems. Apart from that smoking and drinking leads to high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Also this bring about a deterioration of general health and hampers the smooth functioning of organs. Prevent your body from getting prone to the harmful effects of smoking and drinking. Enhance your chance of surviving and defeating the invading coronavirus attacks to your cells and tissues.
5. Meditation and yoga for boosting immunity:
A peaceful mind and a healthy body are better equipped to fight disease-causing germs such as Covid 19. The way the lifestyle has changed during the pandemic forcing everyone to stay indoors might be detrimental to the physical and emotional well-being of the body in general. To keep the mind stress-free, practicing meditation is a good idea. Also, staying indoors can be boring and stressful. Also, this can adversely affect your immunity and mental state.
Similarly, cutting down on outdoor exposure and constant stay-at-home chores might also disturb the workout routine of yours. Keeping the body fit and healthy with the help of daily exercise and yoga can be very beneficial. A healthy body will then eventually build up a healthy mind. Also, both together will help you to fight against Covid-19 effectively.