Hot wax or Cold wax…which one is the best? Waxing plays a very important role in every girl’s life. As it helps in removing unwanted hair. And also helps to exfoliate your skin by removing dirt and dead skin cells. Many girls do their waxing in beauty salons. While some of them do by themselves at home.
Mostly in salons, you will find the use of hot wax. As these wax works best as it also removes small hairs. While for cold wax you can get readymade strips in the market. So it is upon you which one you should use. Both the wax is made from beeswax and paraffin.
There are various different types of waxing available. Like hot and cold wax, hard wax, soft wax, chocolate wax, fruit wax, and sugar wax. And everyone chooses as per their choice. It depends on your skin type which wax suits the best.
Both of these wax are totally different from each other. And you can easily guess it from its name. And also the temperature is different. There are lots of advantages and disadvantages of hot and cold wax. So, see the difference and then select the best one for you.
HOT WAX OR COLD WAX
Let’s have a look at a talk on both the wax in detail. And then choose the best from them.
HOW TO USE THE HOT WAX:-
- Hot wax is mainly used by professionals in a beauty salon.
- Wax is heated and then applied to the clear and dry skin. Make sure the wax is not too hot as it can burn your skin. And it spreads very easily.
- After that, wax sheet or clean cloth is kept on the wax. And then it is forcefully pulled from the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- All the unwanted hairs will be removed at once and also is removes very small hairs.
HOW TO USE THE COLD WAX:-
- Cold wax is very easy to use and you can easily use it at home.
- As it is cold wax so you do not have to heat it.
- Simply take cold wax strips which is available in the market.
- There is already wax applied on the cold wax strips.
- Take one cold wax strip and warm it by rubbing it against your palms.
- Now, apply it on your skin and pull it against the hair growth.
ADVANTAGES OF HOT WAX:-
- Due to the heat of these wax, the skin pores open and hairs can be easily pulled out from the roots.
- It also removes all the unwanted hair at once and there is no need for re-application.
- This wax also removes the small hair even the length of 1mm.
- Beauty professionals highly recommend using these wax as it will not irritate your skin.
- And also it will not cause redness in the skin.
DISADVANTAGES OF HOT WAX:-
- If you apply very warm wax on the skin, then there are chances of skin burning.
- Melting the wax can consume time and also it can be quite messy.
- You need to apply it quickly before the wax dries up. Otherwise, it will be difficult in removing hair.
- If you are using these wax, then you need to quickly do it. Otherwise, if the wax will dry. Then, again you will have to melt it and then use it.
- It takes time and also needs a technique to do it by yourself at home. If you practice a few times, you can easily do it at home.
ADVANTAGES OF COLD WAX:-
- Cold wax strips will be easily available in the market and also cheaper than hot wax.
- Strips are easy to use as you just need to apply and pull it.
- You do not have to melt the wax so there is no preparation required.
- There is no mess created like that in hot wax.
DISADVANTAGES OF COLD WAX:-
- Sometimes the cold wax strips do not stick properly on your skin.
- So, you need to apply it several times in a particular skin area.
- And it can lead to redness, and skin irritation.
- There is a high risk of getting ingrown hairs by using cold wax.
- Short hairs cannot be removed with cold wax strips.
WHICH IS THE BEST: HOT WAX v/s COLD WAX
- If you have enough time and want proper waxing then go for hot wax.
- As it will give you perfect result and there will be less chance of ingrown hairs.
- If you are a man and want to remove thick unwanted hair. Then, opt for hot wax. As cold wax will not give proper result due to thicker hair growth.
- Hot wax is a great use for people with sensitive skin.
- As in cold wax, if you will use repeatedly on the same are then it can irritate and give you redness on the skin.
- If you are a lazy person and having thin hair growth. Then, you can surely opt for cold wax.
- You can use cold wax for removing facial hair and for getting perfect eyebrows.
- Every man should opt for hot wax as it clears thicker hair growth at once.
- In women, you can use hot wax for legs, arms, underarms, back and bikini line.
So now you select which is perfect according to you. As per my choice hot wax is more preferable. But, as I say if you have thin hairs then you can go for cold wax. And at last, it’s your choice of selection whether hot or cold wax.